Ticket for Speeding in a School Zone?
Don't pay that speeding ticket before you call our traffic ticket lawyer at (305) 775-3720 for a free consultation. With most speeding in a school zone tickets issued in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County, we can help you avoid points, excessive fines, and court appearance.
School Zone Speeding Ticket Penalties
Speeding in a school zone results in the following penalties:
- 1 to 9 miles over the limit: $160 fine and 3 points against your license
- 10 to 14 miles over: $300 fine and 3 points
- 15 to 19 miles over: $400 fine and 4 points
- 20 to 29 miles over: $450 and 4 points
- 30 to 49 miles over: $600 on a first offense, 4 points, mandatory court appearance, and license suspension
- 50 miles or more: $2,000 on a first offense, 4 points, mandatory court appearance, and license suspension
School Zone Speeding Ticket Defense
Just because you were issued a ticket for speeding in a school zone doesn't mean you are guilty. Perhaps you were stopped during non-school hours, the school zone sign was hidden, or the officer clocked you outside the boundaries of the school zone.
At TicketFit, our traffic ticket attorney is experienced at challenging all aspects of a school zone speeding ticket. In addition, our attorney will look for errors on the speeding ticket itself, examine the speed measurement device used by the officer, and review the circumstances of the initial stop.
Ready to fight back? Call our speeding ticket attorney now at (305) 775-3720 to get started.